Under the direction of a manager or supervisor, the Corporate Travel Agent works in an office to:
• Plan, sell and arrange transportation and accommodations for corporate agency customers. Provide customers with expertise for modes of transportation, costs, and related travel services.
• Adheres to client travel policies. Uses client profiles and state of the art booking tools in making travel arrangements.
• Understands and follows industry, regularity and ethical standards in making and handling client requirements
• Follow established company procedures and guidelines to create Passenger Name Records (PNR’s)
• Maintain and update working knowledge and understanding of domestic/international air fares and other negotiated fare rules and booking procedures
• Stay updated on required knowledge of available resources in order to advise clients of appropriate travel requested information and travel documentation
• Works alone and in teams under general supervision in delivering customer services in accordance with prescribed office procedures, utilization of tools, productivity, accuracy of work, and attendance.
• Attends staff and training meetings for ongoing updates in the travel industry and office procedures.
• Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate.
• Performs other related duties as required
Other: • Employee Type: Full Time •Industry: Travel •Manages Others: No •Job Type: Travel agent •Req’d Education: High School
Job Requirements/Skills: • Travel industry experience – minimum of 3 years with corporate, government, or leisure bookings
• Experience in using Amadeus a plus, but other GDS experience will be considered.
• Excellent customer service and follow through from communication skills, telephone and email etiquette. Must have the ability to focus and concentrate in order to provide essential and effective levels of service to clients. Required to work on multiple bookings during high peak periods. Must be able to professionally resolve clients' travel problems and work well through travel planners and clients.
WorldTravelService is the second largest independently owned travel management company in the Mid-Atlantic. Our seven office locations throughout Virginia, Washington, DC, and Maryland offer corporate and leisure travel management and consulting service. We commit our financial strength, technological capabilities, and exceptional staff to providing the most reliably service to all of our corporate and leisure travel clients.