Ciclismo Classico THE Pioneers and Leaders in Bicycle Tour Vacations since 1989, is hiring Leader of New Business Development! Ciclismo Classico seeks a dynamic, creative and well-networked business professional with a passion for international travel, bicycling and getting things done. We are seeking a professional with an excellent track record of developing and closing new and existing business channels ensuring that Ciclismo Classico prospective guests experience the highest caliber of personalized service.
As a specialized "boutique" tour operator since 1988, we PASSIONATELY provide the most authentic, unique and exciting vacations in the adventure travel industry. By combining legendary service and rare cultural experiences, our Ciclismo philosophy continues to energize and transform each and every guest.?? Our strengths and excellent reputation lie in our years of active travel expertise, superior and personalized customer service, and multi-talented staff and members of our tour leadership team.
Desired Skills, Responsibilities and Experience Qualifications:
You must be driven, passionate about reaching goals and transforming lives through active travel experiences. You live an active lifestyle that comes with this passion. You see the connection between reaching summits and reaching goals. You love the outdoors and sharing your passion with others. You are highly productive, roll up your sleeves, have excellent business instincts, take initiative, work hard, and get the job done to reach company goals
The role has three primary responsibilities:
• Growing sales via existing leads and channels. Developing and maintaining a high performing team.
• Identifying/seeking out new channels & leads. Pitching Ciclismo Classico Tours via events, presentations or one-on-one interaction to potential cycling, outdoor and travel groups, to businesses and individuals who are well networked (for example bicycle club members) and to travel agents and travel advisors
• Creating raving customers via fruitful, caring and highly personal relationships with your book of business as well as growing referrals from existing customers. Making sure prospective customers are receiving exceptional personal service
Day-to-day duties and responsibilities include:
• Researching organizations and individuals online to identify new leads and potential new markets
• Connecting with your network to build the business
• Following up on the leads with the most revenue potential
• Contacting potential clients via email or phone to establish rapport and set up meetings • Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives
• Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events
• Working closely with sales team to improve sales pitches, packaging and current offers
• Focusing on selling into the most popular and lucrative trips
• Building your personal sales funnel with new leads
• Documentation of progress and activities on Filemaker pro and Hubspot
• Providing feedback to the team about what is working and what is not working
Other typical duties include:
• Preparing exceptional email presentations, power points, and sales tools to reach goals
• Contacting clients and prospects to inform them about new developments in the company’s products
• Developing quotes and proposals with our Italian operations
• Negotiating and renegotiating by phone, email, and in person
• Developing sales goals for the team and ensuring they are met
• Training personnel and helping team members develop their skills
• Socializing with potential clients from simple phone discussions to lunches to meeting them at events, conferences.
Business Development Skills required:
• Highly Sociable and charismatic
• Excellent with numbers and pricing concepts
• Able to provide quality leadership and collaboration with sale team
• Strong communication and IT fluency—Hubspot and Filemaker pro
• Creative talents and the ability to solve tough problems
• In-depth knowledge of the industry and its current events
• The ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
• Skill in prioritizing and triaging obligations
• Attention to detail
• Excellent time management and organization
• Contributing your unique perspective to the Ciclismo Classico sales & social media strategies
• Representing Ciclismo Classico at rides & events in Boston and other key markets (including some weekends & evenings)
Your experience includes:
•5 to 10 years of sales and business development experience in the travel industry or related fields
• Hubspot, salesforce or other CRM system
•History of setting and meeting aggressive sales goals
•Developing sales plans, reports and promoting new business opportunities
•Inspiring top-notch customer service
•Extensive writing and communication experience
You should also be:
•Well-traveled in Europe
•An exceptional verbal, written, and visual communicator
•An enthusiastic cyclist—any level
•Available to start immediately
Also a big plus:
•Proficiency in Italian
•Experience writing e-blasts, blogs, etc
•Bicycle tour guiding or leadership experience
Telecommuting is allowed.
Additional Salary Information: Bonus: 10-30% of salary for meeting & exceeding goals
1-2 Bike trips per year
Generous family & friend discounts
About Ciclismo Classico
Ciclismo Classico is a World Class Bicycle Tour company with 30 years of experience offering a bicycle tour with a high level of cross-cultural immersion. As a specialized "boutique" tour operator since 1988, we provide the most authentic, unique and exciting vacations in the adventure travel industry.
Our well-crafted educational trips in Italy, throughout Europe and beyond are active immersions into local art, language, music and, of course, delicious cuisine. By combining legendary service and rare cultural experiences, our Ciclismo philosophy continues to energize and transform each and every guest.
Ecstatic Guests are our Number 1 Goal
At Ciclismo Classico, our mission is to make every ride your first - full of learning, excitement, hope, joy and freedom. We feel privileged to serve our unique itineraries to an international community of active travelers, ages 2 to 92, who share a love for cross-cultural learning. Our guests' curiosity, spirit, and passion continually inspire us to reach for the highest standards possible. The group energy that blossoms on every Ciclismo tour will invigorate you and your fellow companions.
We design i...tineraries that reveal the incredible variety, scenic beauty and cultural treasures of each region. And our efforts show it! We’ve were awarded “One of the Best Adventure Outfitters on Earth” by National Geographic Adventure in 2009 and 2010, And National Geographic Traveler named our Sardegna Multisport tour one of the “50 Tours of a Lifetime.” We've also been covered by Bicycling, the Denver Post, Business Week, the Boston Globe, the Wall Street Journal, and many more.
We thoroughly research, scout, and continually upgrade each itinerary, so that you will experience the best and most authentic aspects of each tour. In addition to traveling these distinctive, breathtaking routes, we design itineraries that encourage you to taste the regional food, speak the language, discover the history, and even dance with the locals! Continuous feedback from guests, guides, and our own personal visits enhance each and every biking and hiking tour.
Dedication to Educating Each Guest
Seeking the secrets of superb cuisine? Love learning languages? Fascinated by different cultures and festivals? We don't just give you a taste of local culture - we indulge you in it course by delicious course. The Ciclismo Classico Bicycle Tour Collection proudly serve a delightful and varied menu of cross-cultural events and fun activities that will heighten and delight your senses. Whatever your personal interests, activities, or pursuits may be, Ciclismo Classico guarantees that we will reveal to you the essence of the landscape, local people and culture.