Who Are We?
At the Skoog & Co family of companies, established in 1987, we believe that travel helps us See The World and Change The World. AFC Travel serves the needs of international travelers worldwide specializing in niche group and individual travel with students and nonprofits. At AFC Travel we strive for excellence in all areas of our business and are inspired by the belief that we make a difference in the world, & for the world. As a team, we believe working together produces greater results, and we count on each employee to drive our superior performance & service standards. Reliability, courtesy, and genuine respect for all others are fundamentally essential to our work culture.
The travel industry was deeply affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, and we felt that pain along with the rest of the industry. Our companies weathered the storm through the creativity and excellent leadership of our executive team, and the determination and loyalty of our employees and clients. We’ve known great sadness and disruption through the past two years, but now we are seeing the fruits of hard work and tenacity. We believe the best is yet to come!
The average years of service for our current employees speaks to the loyalty and value we see in the mission of our companies. Our work goes beyond our day to day tasks and directly supports our Non Profit, Venture. Venture serves in international areas where people are least reached and resourced to address systemic injustices. They partner with local leaders in those areas and help develop long-term programs that will break cycles of starvation, lack of education, and human trafficking. With every air ticket we issue, Venture is able to provide a meal to someone who would otherwise go hungry. Our work directly impacts lives around the globe.
Provide excellent customer service to customers booking group airfare. Handle the negotiation, booking and managing of group airfare contracts for retail and specialty travel clients. Provide problem solving and resolution when issues arise with group airfare and airlines. Manage the details of group air contracts for clients. Seek to make fair profits through contract negotiation and fare checking.
- Establish and maintain strong client relationships that result in client retention and satisfaction
- Negotiate group travel contracts with our airline partners for a variety of specialty and retail travel needs
- Manage the group travel process for clients from booking flights, including: important deadlines, payments, ticket issuance, change needs, add-on travelers, schedule changes, flight disruptions, travel issues, and more
- Book and manage individual travel related to groups and independent of group travel
- Creatively problem solve airline issues for clients
- Provide backup support to a dedicated team member for when either is out of the office
- Collaborating with a team while managing one’s own sales and goals independently
Why Skoog & Co?
- Affordable Health and Dental Benefits for Full-time Employees (dependent coverage available, ask for details)
- Health Savings, Flexible Spending & Dependent Care Spending
- Life & long-term disability insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(K) with Company Match
- Iata Card - travel agent fams and fare discounts from the airlines, including discounts on hotels, car rentals, etc.
- A supportive, creative & family-owned company culture where you are valued and cared about
- We are known to advance with-in!
- TRAVEL PERKS! FAM package - be reimbursed for a portion of one unique air travel trip per year!
Job Classification: Hourly / Non Exempt
Salary Range: $45,000 - $65,000/year depending on experience level; potential for commission based bonus structure
Monday - Friday, full time (in-office, hybrid, or remote)
Overtime may be necessary during peak travel season
Working conditions are inherent to a normal office environment
Find Out More About Our Company Culture