Israel Government Tourist Office, Midwest Region USA – Business Development Manager
The Israel Ministry of Tourism is seeking an Outreach and Business Development Manager for the Israel Government Tourist Office of the Midwest USA. This individual will be responsible for promoting and generating tourism to Israel from the most sought-after outbound travel market in the world. Covering the states of OH, IN, IL, MI, WI, KY, MN, SD, ND, IA, KS, MO, and NE, the selected candidate will be expected to plan, initiate, and lead a wide array of activities and partnerships to achieve these goals. Reporting to the Director of the Midwest Region, the right candidate will be capable of working independently and with a small team to help cover a vast, diverse, and demanding travel market.
- Develop and maintain relationships with travel industry organizations, tour operators, travel agencies, online travel agents, airlines, and trade show organizers.
- Represent the Ministry of Tourism at local trade shows and events.
- Cultivate relationships with faith-based organizations: Jewish nonprofits, church networks, Christian conferences, and denominational organizations.
- Regular visits to areas outside of Chicago metropolitan area such as (but not limited to) Detroit, Minneapolis, St. Louis, Cleveland, and Indianapolis.
- Join and actively take part in travel organizations across the region
- Create and conduct Israel travel presentations for travel agents, tour operators, meeting planners and other relevant audiences
- Work with Midwest Director to expand Israel’s brand and presence in new and underdeveloped markets such as Meeting, Incentives, Conferences and Events (MICE), Culinary tourism and emerging trends
- Explore new or underdeveloped segments through research, outreach and ultimately, familiarization tours of Israel
- Implementation of annual work plan in accordance with decisions of the Midwest Director, Commissioner of North America, Marketing Administration/Jerusalem HQ and Minister of Tourism.
- Pursue marketing agreements with new and existing tour operators
- Discovery of new events and opportunities for IMOT participation
- Research, outreach, and facilitation of speaking opportunities for self, Director of the Midwest and Commissioner of North America at major events and panels
- Continued engagement contacts via regional newsletter
- Lateral coordination and collaboration with offices in Atlanta, Chicago, Los Angeles, and Toronto
- All other activity needed by Director of the Midwest USA
- BA -degree – preferably in tourism, marketing, or business administration
- High level English communication and expressive skills
- At least 3 years work experience in the travel and aviation industries or community
- Experience in advertising and digital marketing preferred
- Excellent presentation skills – both creating PowerPoint/Canva and presenting
- Well organized, strong communication and negotiation skills and able to work under tight deadlines
- Comfortable and able to work in an international environment where multiple languages are used, and cultural expectations may differ.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office and 365
- Existing knowledge of Israel a plus
- Hebrew and/or Spanish preferred but not necessary
- Office located in Orland Park, IL
- Full time
- Up to 40% travel, occasional trips outside of region and to Israel